Sunday, April 17, 2011

So Much For That "Calm"

A few blog posts ago I wrote about how we were in the 'calm between the storms'. We were really busy and things were finally calming down. Well things are now picking back up. Super fast. My son's birthday is this week. I'm having a hard time thinking of him as a two year old. My daughter's birthday is next month. I still can't believe she's turning five, but it hasn't hit me quite yet. Every week in the month of May I will be attending a two hour meeting/class on gentle discipline. In the next two months we have a lot on our plate. Easter, kindergarten roundup, Mother's Day, bridal showers, birthday parties, cookouts, meetings, classes, open houses, a wedding and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more. I don't have any Pure Romance parties on my schedule and normally I'd be starting to stress a bit, but with everything else going on, it's nice to not have to worry about adding even more things to the calendar. We recently bought materials to build a deck on our house. It should look really nice when it's all done. We just have to get started on it. There was a hold up with the couple of permits and inspections we needed before we could really do much, but after tomorrow we should be given the green light to go ahead and start building. We have a couple of inside projects too. We have been painting the living room and OMG, it's been a project. The painting should be done now though so now we just have to worry about putting everything back together. I want my kids to make 'art' to hang on the walls. I picture the final project in my head and it looks really good. Hopefully when all is said and done it will be as great as the vision in my head. I guess we will just have to wait and see. The other 'big' project we are doing inside is redoing Zoey and Ford's bedroom. He's in his toddler bed but he's getting so big for it. We have a twin size for him now and we need to clean their room and get it set up. We haven't bought the bedding yet because it was sold out, but I did get a raincheck so I can get the awesome sale price. I felt bad that he was getting new bedding, so I decided to get a new bedding set for Zoey. Their room is going to look SO cute! Here's the sets that we are going with. Zoey loves the owls and I thought the backyard friends theme goes so well with them.


I hope you don't think I am complaining about all this. I'm really not. I LIKE keeping busy. I'm just worried that I keep taking on too many things and I'm going to forget something major. I'm horrible at writing things down on my calendar or schedule, and let's face it, my memory is not as great as it used to be. Haha! My friend and her boyfriend visited us at our house today and it was really nice. We don't 'hang out' as much anymore but this visit today made me realize that I want to make more of an effort to visit them. Hoping we can get together for some double dates within the next couple of months.

If you don't see me around for a while, you'll know why. :)

1 comment:

ser·en·dip·i·ty said...

We had a nice visit with you. I wish we could get together more often, but well... You're too damn busy. First of all, if you say NO to something, it will not make you a bad mother. I hated when my parents volunteered for shit. You'll whip through the house stuff in time, it's always going to be there. Isn't there an APP for scheduling for your Ipod thing? That would help. Hang in there, things will slow down for a week or two for you guys, after summer is nearly done, before Zoey goes to school.