Monday, April 4, 2011

The Calm Between The Storms

The last few months have been so busy for us. It seems as though we were on the go every day. I realize this is normal for some people, but it's not for us. March was crazy busy and although it was great, I'm glad to see it come to an end. We don't have much on the calendar for the next few weeks. I'm sure it's going to pick up real quick though as the boy's birthday is later this month, the girl has a birthday in May and my little brother is getting married in June. I feel bad for my son. Like I said, his birthday is in less than 3 weeks and we have NOTHING planned for a party. To be completely honest, I don't even want to have a party, but I feel like I need to have one for him. I'm contemplating having one party for both kids, but then it doesn't seem fair to either one. But then again, they are already going to get cake, ice cream and gifts even if we don't have a party, and that's more than a lot of kids get. Right? I'm really looking forward to a couple of weeks of not doing a whole lot of anything. I have a list of things I want/need to do in that time. I should probably get going so I can start crossing them off my list. I'm hoping that I can pump out some blog posts during this down time too, so make sure you check back.

1 comment:

ser·en·dip·i·ty said...

It's rough. Everyone goes through busy spurts, March is just an odd month for it. It's hard when it comes to Birthday's that are close together. It's a tough decision, because you don't want him to think he's not as important because she had big ones. But like you said, it's a Birthday and they'll be happy either way. It's just harder to get twice the presents at the same time. Good luck with your decision, let me know what you come up with!