Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

As a child, you are taught that April showers bring May flowers. I bet they didn't mean snow showers though.



This was our Sunday afternoon. We went from no snow, to about 4 inches in probably just as many hours. It soon turned to rain and when we woke the next morning, only an inch of snow remained. It's getting fairly 'warm' during the days (think mid-40's) so by now the snow is gone. It makes me nervous though because it should be warming up for good by now. I know, I know, I'm in Michigan so I should be used to the crazy weather changes, but I am so sick of the snow and cold temps. I'm not usually one to complain about the weather (except in the summer. Fat people and triple degree temperatures DO NOT mix well!) but this is getting ridiculous. I long for the day when we can leave the house without bundling the kids up in their big coats, hats, etc. I want to wear short sleeve shirts and cute sandals! (Note to self, write 'pedicure' on the list of things to do.) I see the robins out playing and it gives me hope. While I was outside with the kids today I did see my tulips poking out of the ground. Perhaps those 'May flowers' are on their way after all.

1 comment:

ser·en·dip·i·ty said...

As someone who loves winter, I'm friggin' sick of this crap. Baseball season starts Thursday and I still see snow on the ground. I'm right there with you, I'm the one telling people move out of state if they don't like snow. Well if I wanted to live in a tundra I'd move to Alaska. It's coming soon, it has to be. Let's band together and think WARM HAPPY thoughts! I'm game for a pedicure date... :)