Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Comeback?

I know I've said this before, but I really miss blogging. It seems like there's always something on my mind and I want to write my thoughts down. However, with the kids and everything I've committed myself too, it seems like when I do actually have time to sit down and write (er, type), I just don't feel like doing it.

We've had a couple of rough weeks. In mid-January, my daughter's preschool teacher was in a horrible accident. Although things were bad, everyone was positive and it looked hopeful. So it came as a huge shock on February 4th when I got the call saying that she had passed away. Not only had my daughter lost her teacher, I felt like I lost a friend. Mrs. Donna and I talked every day at school. A benefit dinner and silent auction is being planned and I'm doing all I can to help out. I'm hoping a lot of money is raised for her family. She leaves behind a husband, son and daughter. Donna wasn't even 10 years older than me. It's so scary and breaks my heart. Donna's death has changed the way I look at life. I can't really explain this. If you're a friend on Facebook, you know what we've been going through and how difficult it has been for Zoey. I don't want to get into specifics here because it makes me so sad. Here is a picture of Zoey and a picture she drew for Mrs. Donna's family. It's a picture of Zoey and Donna holding hands. Notice the flowers and rainbow. She drew the heart because 'Mrs. Donna will always live in our hearts'. I love that girl. I really do.


There's been a ton of things that I've wanted to write about but now that I'm actually doing it, they seem to have slipped my mind. Maybe I should write a list of things I want to write about. Sigh...

I hope my readers (all three of you!) are doing well. I'll try not to be a stranger. I leave you tonight with a picture of my adorable kids. :)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Glad to see you back. So sorry for your loss.