Friday, July 9, 2010

I Love My Little Girl!

Last night the two of us. had plans to go see the Wizard of Oz play with my stepmom and little sister. Z dressed up as Dorothy and she was just so excited. We had front row seats. The play started, and she wasn't really getting into it. She just sat there with this look that she was unimpressed. A few scenes later, I looked back at her and she's barely sitting on her seat, her eyes are wide and her jaw is nearly on the floor. She was having an absolute blast! All of the people there were complimenting her on her dress and saying how cute she is. One of the people in charge even took a picture of her. She thinks she's pretty hot stuff. Even the characters in the play would catch a glimpse of her and smile. She was so well behaved. About 5 minutes after intermission started it began to rain. A lot. We got completely soaked. I felt so bad because right after intermission began I gave her money to get us some popcorn. She was so cute asking the woman for 2 popcorns and handing her the money. Well, it rained so hard that the bags got wet and made such a mess. After a while they said we could hang out in one of the buildings they use to store props. A few minutes later they called the show. I was so bummed. We can go back tonight or tomorrow to watch, but I have plans both nights. I'm talking with my stepmom about arranging a time for them to take Z back to the show. As Z and I were walking back to our van, she asked, "Mama, can I come back here in my Dorothy dress and sing on the stage?" I just love her!!

The Wizard of Oz is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time, and I'm so thrilled that my daughter loves it at much. I can't even begin to tell you how heartwarming it was to hear her say that. I love that my kids love the amazing story as much as I do.

Here's a photo of Z as Dorothy:

1 comment:

Karla said...

awww too cute!